Related Posts with Thumbnails

Growing and growing...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Popular Posts

Saturday, June 5, 2010

What Hurts The Most

Tonight, my beautiful 4 year old asked where her baby brother was. After Nate answered, she asked if we could go get him. He said no, we couldn't. She said "I want my baby brother!" Breaks my heart into a million pieces once again.

Nate told me that after what I had heard that she said, "Maybe tomorrow we can go to the moon and ask Jesus for our baby brother back." Oh, Cecily, how I wish we could.

2 remarks:

Annie June 5, 2010 at 2:46 AM  

I'm so sorry. It's horrible having to explain it to the kids over and over as they grow. My kids are just starting to ask about their brothers. We hadn't told them or anyone else when I was pregnant with Miles and didn't tell them when he died because they were so little and Jeremiah's had died just 6 months before. It was too much to explain to such little kids. They've been surprised to learn they have two dead brothers. It's terribly depressing, but nice to know they think about the brothers they never even got to see. I guess that's the upside to the heartbreaking questions - you know that your little boy is loved and not forgotten.

Kathryn June 7, 2010 at 12:34 AM  

Thanks Annie. It is nice to know that Phineas lives on in their thoughts. He is very real in their lives, though they never met him in this life. It is such a hard road. I want to so much for them to have him here.

Latest Tweets

Search

Wordle: Untitled

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP