Related Posts with Thumbnails

Growing and growing...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Trying To Be Grateful


At the last general conference, Elder Bednar gave a talk about prayer. He suggested that perhaps we should pray sometimes without asking for anything. It really stuck with me.

I realized that when I prayed, I often asked for more than I said that I was grateful for. So for about a month, I kept thinking about it and finally, a couple weeks ago, I thought that I would take him up on this challenge. I have been praying mostly without asking God for anything, unless there was something that was very essential I needed.

It has actually made me feel much happier and far less stressed. Stress and worry seem to be a big force in my life. I have been grateful, and I have been given some of the things that I usually pray for. Just the spirit of gratitude in my life has improved it.

It really is just coincidence that I am writing this the day before Thanksgiving. But, I hope that I carry this spirit of gratitude throughout the year. I also challenge you to pray with gratitude. Let this holiday be the starting point.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 remarks:

pandaswat.sarah December 4, 2008 at 3:41 PM  

Thank you for sharing your experience with that challenge. I've been trying to "count my blessings instead of sheep" lately as well, and I've noticed I'm more grateful for the small stuff! Like a friendly smile, the shapes of the clouds, the sound of leaves crunching under my shoes... Yay for Thanksgiving and wonderful counsel from our leaders.

Latest Tweets

Search

Wordle: Untitled

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP