Related Posts with Thumbnails

Growing and growing...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Popular Posts

Friday, September 12, 2008

I have a confession....

I know, it's ben almost a month since I have done a blog post! I very nearly did several times! Haha...





My confession is: I love The Wiggles!

My sister's kids used to watch the videos and I didn't mind them too much. But, a couple weeks ago, my mom bought a couple DVDs for the girls and we have watched them and watched them and watched them. One is of a live show that the did and they are so funny teasing each other and just being silly.

Here's a video of my favorite song:


I even googled them and read about them on Wikipedia. Three of the original four met in school while studying early childhood education and for a project, they thought they could make a rock band for kids. They enlisted a friend of Anthony's (the blue guy) that was in a band with him in the 80s and together they became The Wiggles. That guy, Jeff (in purple) is Cecily's favorite. She says he is a "silly boy." Their songs are super catchy and it is not mind numbing to watch like some other kid stuff.

I am really into it, I guess! It doesn't hurt that I have had a longtime crush on Anthony. Who says you can't get eye candy watching kids programming?

The kids like it too, it's not just me, really!



There's my dignity, enjoy it!

4 remarks:

Mansius Family September 12, 2008 at 11:48 AM  

Joshua used to like the Wiggles too. Though he liked anything with music. Now are little family is addicted to signing time and veggie tales. The kids also like to watch Super Readers and Word World. They will run around the house with capes on, saying "Super Readers to the rescue", and "Let's build a word." Sometimes I have a hard time pulling myself away too.

ibelaura September 12, 2008 at 12:51 PM  

hey thats funny my joshua used to love them also=) but he really loves word world now and curious george=)

Cristin September 12, 2008 at 4:34 PM  

Oh, nice confession. I have a crush on Steve Songs on PBS (his music videos are great), but the Wiggles?!? I guess I just don't see why kids are fascinated with them.

Kathryn September 13, 2008 at 2:17 AM  

Australian accents, good and catchy songs, nerdy guys. What more can you ask for? I have always been one for nerds!

Latest Tweets

Search

Wordle: Untitled

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP