Related Posts with Thumbnails

Growing and growing...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Popular Posts

Thursday, May 29, 2008

One year ago....

I was just thinking about what I was doing a year ago. I was pregnant. In fact, May 29th was my due date. It was graduation season and the preparations for summer were beginning. The weekend before Cordelia was born, we had a high school graduation party for two of Nate's cousins (Alicia and Tyler) and I was bemoaning the fact that I didn't have a swimsuit to wear around my ginormous belly. As most people who know me know, I love swimming. But alas, I was stuck on the sidelines. Cecily at the time was just getting over her "water is scary" stage and she had a great time swimming with Grammie.

Another enjoyable part of the evening was having people tell me "tricks" to go into labor. Nope they didn't work, that was OK, if I had gone into labor that weekend, I would have had the on-call doctor that didn't do VBACs. It was for the best. I wouldn't have that much longer to wait to have her anyway.

I guess I have been feeling pretty nostalgic the last couple days as I have been going through and getting rid of some old baby things. I just don't feel like I will be having another girl any time soon, so I am not too worried about getting rid of stuff. Of course, I am keeping a lot, but only about a third of what I did have stored. That is good because we don't have a lot of room. I can't believe that my little babies are not going to be babies again. Cordelia is just about a toddler and has thrown a few tantrums in the last few days (good grief!). Cecily will turn 3 later this year and it's just happening much faster than I ever thought it would.

I am grateful for this last year, I wouldn't trade having my two girls growing up together for anything. I love them so much, despite how aggravating they can get.


Now, I am thinking of all those graduates and kids growing up. Next week, my first nephew, Stephen, will be graduating from middle school (er, promoted to high school). I can't believe how old he is. I will always think of him as that sweet curly haired boy, but someday I suppose I will have to face the fact that he is a teenager and almost high school student. How crazy is life?

3 remarks:

Cinderella May 30, 2008 at 7:27 PM  

Stephen is going to be in high school?! That's wild!

By the way, I left a message for you on your cell phone about when we'll be in town. :)

I can't wait to see you all in a few weeks.

Mansius Family May 30, 2008 at 8:43 PM  

Its always fun to look back on how are lives have changed. I just did the whole going through kids clothes too. It took me forever and I still ended up with a closed full of out grown clothes or too big clothes.

Brooke May 31, 2008 at 8:06 PM  

A year ago I was hoping to get pregnant...little did I know what a rollercoaster that would send me down...I'm sooo glad it's over! I want another girl!! I'm jealous you have teh two girls...LUCKY!

Latest Tweets

Search

Wordle: Untitled

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP